Types of tests
There are four types of tests that are performed at the Sydney Heartburn Clinic. These include:
Click on the above links for more information.
- The laboratory is located in the Lindfield Centre on Tryon Road.
- New state of the art equipment is utilised.
- Full sterilisation protocols are followed.
- Where possible, disposable instruments are used.
The studies are reviewed by Professor Falk and the nurse practitioner. Reports are sent to your referring doctor.
What can be gained by testing
The testing enables us to detect dysfunction of the oesophageal muscles:
- Failing reflux valvular mechanism
- Heartburn, regurgitation, dysphagia
- Breathlessness, cough, choking
- Hoarse or weak voice
- Difficultly singing
The research demonstrates that surgery is most successful when the patient is assessed in a laboratory beforehand.